About Know Your Train
Know Your Train is our way of helping you become more familiar with the railway network and be more confident when travelling.
It shows diagrams of the trains operating on a service, together with the facilities available onboard, to help you be informed and know what to expect when travelling by train.
|Caledonian Sleeper||Services to/from Inverness, Fort William & Aberdeen|||
|Services to/from Glasgow Central & Edinburgh|
|Freight & Charter Operators|
- Caledonian Sleeper services hauled by anything other than class 66, 73 or 92 locomotives will not be drawn
- From time to time, the locomotive on an LNER 'Electric train' service will not be available
- If an operator is not listed, then we do not have any support for their services for either Know Your Train or displaying train allocations.
Below is a list of the train facilities that we will display as being available onboard a train service:
- WiFi (wireless internet access)
- Bicycle spaces
- Wheelchair space
- Power sockets, not guaranteed at every seat
- USB sockets, type A
- Buffet car
- Quiet coach
- Baby changing facilities
- Air Conditioning
- Luggage storage
- Sleeper car
- First class
If a facility is shown below a particular coach, or group of coaches, then it is only available in those coaches.
Know Your Train currently does not currently identify where trains divide en route and where each portion goes. It instead represents the trains formation at the point in time at that station.
Changes in allocation to any CrossCountry or Northern service, ScotRail services operated by Inter7City HSTs, LNER services operated by class 91s may be delayed by up to two hours due to delay in upstream systems.
Some Northern services may not receive any information due to a limitation in upstream systems. This will likely change day to day as specific pieces of rolling stock move around the network and operate on different routes.
CrossCountry services from Bournemouth or Southampton may, from time to time, show coach letters in the incorrect order. This is being currently being resolved.